Thursday 9 January 2014

So what are my motivations for taking this course? (Unit 1.7)

 

First and foremost it is a selfish one; I want to start thinking again. We are bombarded by information everyday; so much so that in order to not be completely overwhelmed we trust what we hear; we accept without questioning, and that is a very dangerous trait. We believe governments and large corporations have our best interests at heart and will protect us. I think we are very naive but before condemning everything which is just as blanketing and naive as believing everything I believe it is essential to find out facts and to try and apply your ideas to other peoples’ lives as well as your own. The saying, ‘one man’s meat is another man’s poison’, is very true in my opinion.

Secondly, I am older and I have grown up children and I have begun to worry about the world they and their children and their children’s’ children will inherit.

No comments:

Post a Comment